Buyer II (Campus Store) Job Utah State University Loganby admin on more than 30 days
Utah State University Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Buyer II needs to be forward thinking, self-motivated, analytical, and demonstrate a strong work ethic, and be committed to improving the Campus Store, and meet the mission of . Responsibilities: (60% of time) Procurement, Sales, Inventory Control, and Merchandising:
- Orders and prices product for resale based on industry trends, Open to Buy data, and campus community needs in order to maximize sales opportunities and inventory turnover.
- Seeks out new sources for product, meets with sales representatives, and maintains vendor relationships.
- Issues and maintains purchase orders, and works closely with the receiving department and accounts payable to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- May occasionally attend trade shows.
- Works closely with marketing department to develop sales strategies and accompanying marketing plans.
- Employs proper inventory controls to minimize markdowns, markoffs, and shrinkage.
- Utilizes Open to Buy and sales data to identify stale product that needs to be clearanced.
- Creates and maintains visual product displays, and ensures a clean and organized appearance on the sales floor.
- All procurement responsibilities as listed above also apply to Scotsman Sweets products.
- Implements and manages operational processes with regards to sales, product displays, quality control, and cleaning and sanitizing guidelines.
- Establishes menus for fudge, ice cream, and candy products.
- Responsible for the production of fudge, ensuring high quality visual presentation of the finished product.
- Conducts monthly inventory of Scotsman Sweets prepared food items and raw goods.
- Ensures the shop operates within Bear River Health food code regulations.
- Must maintain Utah Food Handlers Permit
- Coordinates with faculty requiring course materials such art supplies, or customized kits.
- Identifies sources for these items, and orders quantities based on course enrollment and sales history.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (preferably in business, marketing or related field) plus two years retail experience (preferably in a buying or management position).
- Minimum of one years supervisory experience.
- Must have current Utah Food Handlers Permit or the ability to obtain one upon employment.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office products with intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to communicate with customers, vendors/supplies, University faculty/staff, and other employees
- Highly organized and self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complaints and concerns.
- Understanding of State of Utah Procurement Code.
- Basic understanding of retail accounting.
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.** Advertised Salary: Commensurate based on experience with excellent benefits ADA: Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. University Highlights: (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, [email protected], Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266 Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, [email protected], Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266. For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visithttps://equity.usu.edu/, or contact: U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, [email protected] U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, [email protected]
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Utah State University e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.