Sandwich Maker/Deli Counter Associate amp Cashier Job Liehs Steigerwald Downtown Syracuseby admin on more than 30 days
Liehs & Steigerwald Downtown Recruitment 2020Description :
Liehs & Steigerwald Downtown is looking for a friendly, reliable, professional worker who has great customer service skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. Experience in food service preferred, however we are looking for someone open and willing to learn! Some knowledge of food prep will be necessary for the job requirements. Successful candidate must be available 9:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. Please note: This position will start with limited hour training shifts for 2-3 days a week before increasing hours and days dependent on employee progress.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of menu and butcher shop products.
- Prepare sandwich orders according to recipes, food presentation specifications, and customer special requests.
- Provide high level of customer service. Answer questions and recommend items as appropriate. Answer phone calls and take special orders.
- Complete food preparation, including slicing deli meats, chopping produce, and replenishing work station.
- Record customer orders and accurately handle cash and credit card payments.
- Slice, package, and weigh deli/butcher products, including meats, cheeses, and salads.
- Maintain food safety and freshness procedures. Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment and food preparation areas.
- Operate and handle equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Stock and organize grocery and deli products in visually appealing manner for sale.
- Prep and complete catering orders.
- Perform cleaning tasks, including sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, and trash removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work experience in a deli, butcher shop, and/or food-service preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude to customers and teammates at all times.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
- Must be on time for every shift.
- Must have reliable transportation. Work location is accessible by Centro Bus.
- Must be available to work weekdays, Saturdays, and holidays.
Environmental Job Conditions
- 100% of time is spent standing and moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to bend, pull, reach, lift, and/or stoop.
- Occasionally requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
- There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
Employment with Liehs & Steigerwald is at-will and can be terminated for any reason, subject to compliance with laws of the State of New York and the United States of America. Successful completion of a 3-4 week training period is required for continued employment with Liehs & Steigerwald. Completion of this training period does not change the at-will employment status of this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.80 - $12.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Liehs & Steigerwald increased cleaning and sanitizing practices to help ensure the safety of our employees. Staff are required to wear face coverings, maintain appropriate distancing, and maintain proper hand hygiene.
- deli, butcher, and/or food-service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
For more detail information, please refer official source from Liehs & Steigerwald Downtown on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.