Dietary Aide Job Veterans Victory House Walterboroby admin on more than 30 days
Veterans Victory House Jobs 2020Description :
To provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
- Work with the facility's dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Clean worktables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- Meet scheduled meal and snack times.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the department.
- Alert Dietary Manager to problems and make recommendations about corrective action.
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provide quality food and customer service to residents and families.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- As assigned, including some week-ends, evenings and Holidays.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas.
- Most of the work is performed indoors
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- May be exposed to bodily fluids, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; implements or office equipment; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Collect information through observation, listening, touching, and smelling.
- Must have auditory ability sufficient to monitor and assess
- Job requires regular sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, writing, and carrying charts, food, trays, etc.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Safety, Sanitation and Infection Controls
- Assure the assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Assure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are observed.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Follow established safety policies and procedures.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with established sanitation procedures.
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Report any accident/incident to your supervisor no matter how minor.
- Must have, at a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Veterans Victory House website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.