Computer Support Technician Job Crystal Lake Community High School D155by admin on more than 30 days
Crystal Lake Community High School D155 Recruitment 2020Description :
Prairie Ridge High School, withing Community High School District 155, is looking for a computer support technician. Salary and benefits are regionally competitive. Please review job description below.
Job Title: Support Technician
Supervisor: Network Infrastructure Coordinator
Position type: 12 months
This position serves as the primary source of technical support and services within a given school building. The individual in this position installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software for a variety of users that include students, teachers, and support staff. The position also contributes to technical projects that enhance our infrastructure and increase teaching and learning capacity.
- Post-secondary coursework in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Experience supporting PC workstations, Chromebooks, and mobile devices (hardware & software) in an environment of 100+ users.
- Experience creating and deploying stable and secure complex computer images.
- Solid understanding of local area networking, including cabling, switches, and the TCP/IP protocol.
- Excellent communication skills with a service-oriented focus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends to support off-hours implementations or upgrades.
- Ability to lift and position equipment such as PC's and printers (up to 50 lbs).
- Provide 1st level technical support for end-users.
- Move, add, and change computer, phone, and related hardware throughout the building.
- Build, test, and deploy workstation images for student labs.
- Provide support and guidance for students working within our technical support centers.
- Resolve technical issues and document status/resolutions within the help desk system.
- Communicate with end-users about problem resolution status.
- Travel between district buildings to cover the duties of other technicians and provide support services when required.
- Contribute to technical projects and assist in training efforts as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.