Cashier Job New Seasons Market Portlandby admin on September 28, 2020
New Seasons Market Recruitment 2020Description :
We are looking for energetic, welcoming and friendly cashiers! This will be a regular (not temporary) full time (3-5 shifts/week) position. Schedule will likely include weekend days as well as mid, opening and closing shifts. Previous experience preferred
Job Title: Cashier
Department: Front End
Job Region: Oregon / SW Washington
Reports-To: Front End Manager
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365 days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and weekend shifts per the needs of the business.
About us: began in 2000 when three families got together to open a neighborhood market, a place where local communities can come together to connect with where their food comes from. A friendly, inviting place that honors its region’s farmers, ranchers, growers and makers—helping them prosper for generations to come. Over the years, our community has grown, but our goal is still the same: to build community through good food.
About the role: Operates cash register, processes and bags customer orders and performs carry-outs. Provides exceptional customer service and contributes to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change based on needs and conditions of department.
- Represents company values. Works cooperatively and positively with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner demonstrating company Speak Up culture.
- Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs store/department management of any problems.
- Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
- Rings up and bags groceries using company taught best practices and customer preference. Assist customers with carry-outs as needed.
- Prepares Front End department for store opening and closing.
- Accountable for following cash handling, register and return procedures.
- Complies with alcohol sales regulations.
- Processes returns per policy and requests assistance from lead or management for complex returns.
- Uses Front End resource guide and store walks to learn PLUs and accurately process customer orders.
- Keeps cash drawer organized throughout shift.
- Assists with product go-backs. Re-stocks, rotates and faces products with attention to quality and expiration dates. Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
- Responsible for assisting customers in usage of bottle count machines and overall upkeep of machines and bottle count area. Performs manual bottle counts as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and rotation of all areas, products and supplies. May assist in additional light cleaning / housekeeping tasks when needed.
- Maintains awareness of current ads, promotions, holidays and events.
- Demonstrates familiarity with products throughout store with willingness to continue learning.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: baler, hand truck, POS, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller, grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), basic housekeeping / janitorial and standard office equipment.
- This position works at a Medium level. Required frequently and up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required. Up to occasionally, dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or ladders.
- Continuously required to: lift 1-10 pounds; push/pull 1-10 pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: lift 11-20 pounds; twist; reach below shoulder
- Occasionally required to: carry 1-50 pounds; push/pull 11-20 pounds; bend/stoop; crouch/squat; reach at/above shoulder
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within our company. / New Leaf Community Markers reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as necessary.
What you Bring as a Candidate:
- Previous customer service, food service, retail or grocery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of retail Front End and/or cash-handling experience highly preferred.
- Entry level experience with MS Office. Working knowledge with POS, inventory or other retail specific software preferred.
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.