Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk Job Valley AIDS Council Brownsvilleby admin on September 30, 2020
Valley AIDS Council Recruitment 2020Description :
Valley AIDS Council d/b/a Westbrook Clinic
Job Title: Receptionist / Data Entry Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved by: CEO/Executive Director
Approval Date: 11/05/2018
Skill Level: Telephone Operator / Receptionist / Data Entry
Reports to: Billing Clerk II
EMPLOYEE RISK FACTOR: III
Performs tasks that do not routinely involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and are not called on to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid to be potentially exposed in any other way as a condition of employment.
Properly greets incoming guests, determines purpose of visit, and follows appropriate procedures with each guest. Answers incoming phone calls and follows appropriate procedures to direct callers to appropriate personnel or departments. Schedules patient for medical, case management, linkage to continuum of care or testing appointments. Conducts daily and weekly data entry regarding HIV/STI testing and client surveys.
- Direct Supervisor: Billing Clerk II
- Secondary Supervisor: C.O.O./Comptroller
- Must also coordinate activities, phone and clients with all departments within the agency on an equal basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department. This includes entering call notes into electronic medical record as appropriate and as per established procedures. Retrieve messages from answering service or voice mail, returns the call (when appropriate) or forwards to appropriate personnel when needed.
- Welcomes on site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Calls patients to remind them of appointments as per established procedures.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve scheduling data per established procedures.
- Posts into electronic medical records data regarding clients attending, not-attending, or rescheduling appointments on a real time basis. Monitors and logs client wait times for services throughout all encounters and assists in preparing reports detailing client service and compliance with appointment schedules. Posts data and assists with electronic medical appointments when required.
- Coordinates with Billing/Eligibility officers to collect and transmit eligibility documents, insurance and co-pays, prior to client visits.
- Conducts daily and weekly data entry regarding HIV/STI testing and client surveys.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years health industry related work experience and/or volunteer experience and/or equivalent training.
Must be Bilingual (English-Spanish).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate practical knowledge of computers, software, and products applicable to the industry. Additionally, the applicant is expected to demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental program structure (Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements) and department policies and procedures. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, and have the ability to demonstrate effective time management skills while working independently with minimal supervision.
Must have oral and written communication skills in English; strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to perform multiple tasks; good problem-solving abilities; demonstrate flexibility and positive people skills. Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds (including the LGBTQIA community, houseless individuals, transactional sex workers and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Must demonstrate proficient ability to apply mathematical concepts such as basic algebra and geometry to such tasks as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume to practical situations.
Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing and spreadsheet programs; telephone, copy machine, and fax or electronic fax machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is predominantly performed in an office setting where the noise level is usually quiet.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive or as an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Any essential functions of this position will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
Valley AIDS Council d/b/a Westbrook Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the Agency community and the employment experience of its members. Valley AIDS Council d/b/a Westbrook Clinic prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all Agency Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations and a drug screen are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon Valley AIDS Council d/b/a Westbrook Clinic’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation and drug screen.
Employment with Valley AIDS Council d/b/a Westbrook Clinic will require training which may include but not limited to explicit training/discussion regarding sex and sexuality. This position may also encounter such explicit language when dealing with clients and targeted populations.
This job description has been discussed with me by my supervisor. I agree to perform these duties to the best of my abilities, and I understand that my duties may not be limited to those described above.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
HR Director Signature Date
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $12.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
For further information, please refer official source from Valley AIDS Council on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.