Director EHS (Lake Nona) Job The AMES Companies Orlandoby admin on May 28, 2020
The AMES Companies Recruitment 2020Description :
WHY JOIN THE AMES COMPANIES
Our employees are our greatest assets! We provide excellent comprehensive benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, Employee Assistance Program, Prescription coverage, Teladoc, Life Insurance, Critical illness, Accident coverage, Pet Insurance, Wellness Program, Legal services, Holiday Pay, PTO /Vacation Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and much more…
- We are proud supporters of local and national charities.
- We are environmentally conscious and responsible
- We provide immense growth opportunity!
WHO WE ARE
, headquartered in Lake Nona-Orlando, FL has a rich history of American manufacturing. The AMES story goes back to 1774, when Captain John Ames began making America’s first shovels. AMES® brand is the third oldest consumer brand in the country, and its tools have literally helped build America, for more than 200 years. AMES products have built Revolutionary War ramparts, connected the nation via the Transcontinental Railroad, dug for gold, gone on expeditions to Antarctica, carved Mount Rushmore, and installed the Statue of Liberty. And just like America, we’re still working every day to build the next great wonder.
Our business lines include Home Organization, Lawn and Garden Tools, Outdoor Living, and Cleaning Tools, with leading global brands sold to homeowners and professionals involved in new construction, remodeling, and maintenance activities.
Our leading brands include ClosetMaid®, AMES®, True Temper®, Razor-Back®, Jackson®, Southern Patio® and Harper®
We are a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF)
WHO YOU ARE
As the Director, EHS you will be responsible for directing the development, support, deployment, monitoring and review of standards and management systems for Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Risk Assessment (HSSE) across the Ames Companies Internationally.
This leader will provide quality, timely and professional subject matter expertise and business support to ensure that a safe, sustainable, efficient and legally compliant work environment is established at all times.
Responsible to direct the development and deployment of HSSE programs, direct staff and management systems to ensure compliance with company and legislative obligations. Provides direction to executives, senior and line management, contract management, and other personnel to ensure operations are sustainable and comply with company directives, as well as national and international legislation and client requirements
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
In our newly constructed state of the art facility in Lake Nona- Orlando- just a few miles from Orlando International Airport
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In consultation with appropriate stakeholder groups, direct the design, development, deployment, monitoring and review of HSSE systems, processes and programs
- Ensure integration of HSSE systems, processes and programs through operations, our clients’ expectations, and legislative requirements
- Develop, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, plans and strategies to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and deliverables as negotiated with and set by the global leadership team, annually
- Directs the implementation, monitoring, and review of HSSE systems through yearly governance plans, audits and inspections, and management systems reviews
- Monitors compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety regulations and guidelines
- Assesses HSSE risk potential of existing operations and new business opportunities
- Develops and deploys incident investigation programs/procedures, including data analysis and incident prevention (loss control) programs and procedures
- Directs HSSE education/training efforts for all levels of employees, including supervision and senior management
- Responsible for conducting on-site HSSE audits/reviews of Regional sites/accounts within North America
- Monitors and facilitates the reporting of HSSE performance across the organization and supports the development and implementation of Regional Safety Improvement Plans
- Direct design and deployment of the HSSE portions of the training programs, Incident Management System and Audit/Inspection tracking system
- Responds and provides direct assistance to sites in emergency situations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline
- 15 years’ experience in related HSSE systems/audit management role.
- Demonstrable success in directing/managing HSSE Systems
- Relevant EHS, HSSE or equivalent qualifications/certifications, e.g., BCSP, CSP, CIH.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word. PowerPoint and Excel)
- Supervise Global EHS Staff
- Subject Matter Expertise in HSSE Systems, OHS compliance strategies, and relevant US regulations, as well as International Standards
- Well versed in OSHA legislation and regulation, including GHS
- Well-developed research and report writing skills
- Sound Investigative skills and experience with regulatory negotiations
- Sound OHS/management systems auditing skills, including formal training
- Ability to implement and enforce systems and best practices
- Ability to manage projects and conflicting priorities
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
Physical demands and work environment
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position is located primarily in an office environment. At times the associate is required to sit for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 50 pounds.
- Upon occasion, the associate may be exposed to a manufacturing environment and required to wear personal protective equipment.
The Ames Companies will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Ames Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by contacting Human Resources at 1-352-401-6396 or by sending an email to [email protected] to make appropriate arrangements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through The AMES Companies system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.