Senior Systems Engineer Job Intuit Mountain Viewby admin on more than 30 days
Intuit Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Senior Systems Engineer
's Infrastructure Engineering department is tasked with building, securing and operating ’s core IT functions for our global workforce. We enable our employees to do the best work of their lives by providing resilient and innovative technology solutions.We're looking for a talented individual to join our Infrastructure Engineering team as a Senior level engineer with very strong Email/Messaging/Hosting experience & knowledge. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company and be part of a highly progressive and transformative IT team. You will work closely with system architects and various infrastructure team leaders to support ’s enterprise Email/Messaging/Hosting implementation. Overall, your responsibilities will be focused on the design, management, and support aspects of the Email/Messaging/Hosting environment. ’s Email/Messaging/Hosting supports the corporate workforce and our mission critical production environment. It is essential that shared services such as DHCP, IPAM, DNS, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, SMTP, and NTP be maintained at the highest levels. Ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of O365, Exchange, Cisco Ironport ESAs, Proofpoint, Nutanix, VMWare, System Center Suite, file/print services, distribution list management, and other systems engineering related services are considered key responsibilities for this role. What you'll bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Windows Server Architecture and Administration (5-7 years)
- Email/Messaging/Hosting Experience (5 to 7 years)
- Experience administering file/print servers in a med/large enterprise environment (8,000+ users).
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience administering Email/Messaging/Hosting in an enterprise environment (15,000+ users)
- Experience in IT infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and PKI Certificates and SSL
- Experience with complex multi-zone, muti-site enterprise environments and hybrid cloud deployments (Office365/Azure)
- Solid understanding of IT components including Networking, Network Load Balancing, SAN/NAS storage, Single Sign-On solutions, and SaaS Solutions (Box, AWS, etc)
- Advanced PowerShell and VBS scripting expertise
- Ability to establish best practices for monitoring system/application capacity.
- Working knowledge of one or more virtualization technologies required (such as VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Very strong experience/knowledge of enterprise email/hosting services and related sub-systems, i.e., email archive and eDiscovery, mailbox migrations, email retention, OWA, etc.
- Very strong experience/knowledge with SMTP, IMAP, POP protocols and configurations
- Very strong experience/knowledge working with group policy, authentication protocols, and identity management services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Capable of effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- MCSE or equivalent certifications a plus
- Strong technical project management skills
- Hands-on experience using scripts and scripting languages such as Powershell, VB Script, Python, Java, or Perl to deploy, manage, and automate device configurations and monitoring/reporting tools & alerting.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or GCE
- Analytic Ability: Makes well-reasoned, appropriate decisions based on analysis of highly uncertain input or outcomes; Integrates information from a variety of sources, quickly, to arrive at a broad understanding of issues; Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends and potential causes.
- Business Results Orientation: Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate work or improve quality while achieving results in a timely manner; Surfaces problems, issues and solutions with speed and accuracy; Holds self and team accountable for outcome.
- Communication: Prepares and delivers coherent, highly credible and engaging presentations that have impact; Writes technical concepts and information clearly and thoroughly for technical and non-technical audiences; tailors communication style and content to the audience.
- Creativity & Innovation: Demonstrates initiative, creativity and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition within or outside their area of discipline; Demonstrates an entrepreneurial perspective by envisioning, aggressively pursuing, new and innovative ideas and approaches to achieve business unit objectives; Leverages leading-edge technologies, processes, tools and practices to contribute to the organizations future.
- Decision Making: Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, trade-offs, timing and implications; Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions or decisions at a work group level; Makes timely decisions on problems/issues requiring immediate attention. Supports the speed and quality of decision making.
- Organization Influence & Relationship Management: Proactively builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers; Advocates for positions firmly, but appropriately, without pushing or compromising positions too much; Presents a persuasive rationale for positions; Deep customer empathylistening to customer, establishing long standing relationship and trust. Follow through to customer resolution; maintains customer satisfaction and loyalty; Gathers and internalizes rich customer feedback, using it to generate innovative solutions that fill core or future needs; Addresses customer needs by involving the right people at the right time.
- Learning Ability: Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity and mistakes; Seeks opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ideas and ways of looking at things; readily and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities and opportunities.
- Prioritization: Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources and initiatives to ensure achievement of critical goals; Aligns cross functional self and team priorities based on changing needs
- Process Orientation: Author / Designer of procedures. Applies situational judgment and teaches others. Confident in escalating when process is broken or inefficient and makes recommendations on how to resolve
- Teamwork: Builds relationships with people across disciplines and functions, throughout the organization; involves others as appropriate when issues affect them. Resolves conflict; Builds collaboration by identifying and conveying common interests and priorities (including removal of barriers and breaking down silos); Inspires, energizes, motivates and draws out the best work from a cross-functional team; Ensures that positions satisfy the needs, interests and concerns of key stakeholders; Mentors and coaches colleagues, builds partnerships across organizational boundaries while resolving resource conflicts.
- Primary focus is technical leadership in the planning, designing, implementing, and supporting ’s Email/Messaging/Hosting, DHCP, Licensing, IPAM, NTP, DNS (BIND Integration), NPS and Certificate Authorities, and m
- Design, develop, configure, and implement solutions for a large-scale enterprise Email/Messaging/Hosting environment (Exchange, Office 365, Nutanix, and IronPorts)
- Develop Best Practices to maximize the use of Email/Messaging/Hosting
- Ensure thorough testing of solutions for functionality and compatibility.
- Communicate, document, and distill technical information to team members and partner organizations.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots complex technical issues.
- Lead the design, implementation and support of a highly available infrastructure platform.
- Implementation experience with high security Email/Messaging/Hosting environments
- Engineer, assess, and review future Email/Messaging/Hosting architecture solutions, 3rd party management tools/applications and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
- Provide Microsoft technical and project leadership across a diverse team for multiple Microsoft Platforms, Office365 and Email/Messaging/Hosting programs and projects.
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring to sustain and improve service availability.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors, application support teams, and internal teams through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Provide Change Request leadership for the deployment of application or infrastructure related changes.
- Provide 3rd level operations support for Microsoft Server and Email/Messaging/Hosting for end users, application and administration teams. You must be comfortable in addressing critical incidents.
- Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including application, storage, Email/Messaging/Hosting, and server teams.
- Brief/present to senior leadership on the status of projects and tasks.
- All other duties as assigned are required for the role
- On-call operations duties and rotations
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Intuit e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.