Meat Cutter - Hartford City IN Job Blackford Foods Save A Lotby admin on more than 30 days
Blackford Foods . Hartford City Save A Lot Recruitment 2020 - Blackford Foods . Hartford City Save A Lot need a new official to fill Meat Cutter - Hartford City, IN that will be placed in Hartford City.
Blackford Foods . Hartford City Save A Lot Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Title: Meat Cutter
Status: Full-time or part-time; Hourly; Non-exempt
Reports To: Meat Director
Job Summary: To service customers by providing quality, fresh cuts of meat to their satisfaction and Save-a-Lot’s specifications.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provide quality service to customers by cutting fresh meat in a professional manner to meet their expectations
- Rotate product and make sure counters are always well stocked
- Ensure that all tools, equipment, tables, rooms and coolers are kept clean and sanitary
- Make sure all advertised products are available to customers
- Wrap product, fill displays, rotate inventory, control back-up
- Train new employees on safe and proper techniques of cutting, grinding and wrapping of product to meet Save-a-Lot’s specifications
- May occasionally be required to do the following: adjust meat orders, discount meat to ensure freshness, receive meat deliveries
- Perform other duties and tasks as required by management
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate verbally with vendors, customers, employees and upper management
- Must be proficient in basic math skills
- Ability to properly and safely use knives, meat saw, meat grinder, cuber, baler, scales, electric jack, trash compactor, and any other cutting tools and mechanical equipment necessary to the position
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
Employee must regularly:
- Lift up to 90 lbs to a height of 4’
- Carry up to 90 lbs a distance of approximately 20’ on a concrete or tile surface
- Walk a distance of approximately 30’ on a concrete or tile surface several times daily
- Stand for long periods of time on a concrete surface while cutting and wrapping meat, while in cold temperatures
- Push and pull product during cutting process and running lunchmeat carts
- Bend and twist when organizing product in display cases, coolers and freezer, and when unloading delivery trucks
- Speak and hear (in person and on the telephone) when communicating with vendors, customers, employees and management
- See to cut, trim, or grind meat, to complete paperwork and maintain display cases
While performing this job, employee is regularly exposed to inside temperatures of 40 degrees Fahrenheit, with concrete or tile flooring and a moderate noise level. Chemicals are used regularly to clean the meat department to health and safety specifications.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.