PATIENT SAFETY TECHNICIAN (SITTER) Job Tri City Healthcare District Oceansideby admin on more than 30 days
Tri City Healthcare District Recruitment 2020Description :
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our community’s needs.
Position Summary:The role of the patient safety technician is to provide a safe environment for patients who are at high risk for untoward events. This person is responsible for assisting the registered nurse, in providing constant observation and general care to the patient assigned. This person functions under the direction of a RN.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit based safety and infection control requirements.
- Provide continuous observation of the patient, visually seeing and being with the patient at all times.
- Escort patient to and from bathroom, assist with nutrition, hydration and toileting, and document as required.
- Provide for comfort; change soiled sheets as needed
- Assist in restraint application at direction of clinician leading team in the intervention
- Complete restraint documentation related to care provided, i.e. toileting, nutrition, hydration
- Report changes in patient clinical condition to professional staff in timely manner.
- Ability to bath, feed and lift patients, required.
- One year experience working in a hospital, preferred.
- Ability to assist with activities of daily living, required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and non-defensively directly with patients, required.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job (assisting with patient restraint, light to heavy lifting and/or pushing of patients or equipment), required
- Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.