Utility Worker - Gas T amp D (IBEW) Concord Job Pacific And Electric Companyby admin on more than 30 days
Pacific Gas And Electric Company Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Requisition ID # 60012
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Concord
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of 's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 60 years of experience representing employees at and is subject to collective bargaining.
We are looking for an energetic and career oriented individual to join our Gas Transmission and Distribution team. The Utility Worker position is an entry level position in Gas Operations with advancement opportunities for motivated individuals who perform successfully. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to work and drive safely, work extended hours, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Must work safely at all times as defined by ’s safety standards and procedures.
- Follow the direction of their journeyman, crew lead and/or supervisor at all times.
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures.
- Must work in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A Driver’s License within 12 months.
- Must be able to pass Post Offer Physical Assessment.
- Contribute toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and affordability for one or more asset families and one or more life cycles.
Gas Transmission and Distribution Workgroup:
In addition to the General Duties listed above, candidates selected to work in Gas T&D will be required to perform the following:
- Assist in construction and maintenance and other miscellaneous semi-skilled work.
- With adequate training and under direction of a Crew Leader, may be required to: use hand tools, portable power tools, pavement breakers, spaders, tampers or compactors for work not requiring precision; perform pipe wrapping duties.
- When working alone, may be required to be Operator Qualified to perform routine production Locate and Mark duties, routine production Leak Survey duties, perform pipe to soil readings, and Atmospheric Corrosion Surveys, and complete all required documentations associated with referenced tasks.
- May perform rechecks in conjunction with production leak survey duties.
- May be required to perform traffic control functions under the direction of a Gas Crew Leader.
- May be required to maintain a commercial driver's license with a tank endorsement.
- This classification, when qualified, is expected to take the necessary action consistent with duties they are capable of performing to assess a situation and make a field condition safe for Gas Pipeline Operations and Maintenance Workgroup.
- Use of hand tools or portable power tools for cleaning purposes under direction, or other work not requiring precision.
- Operate light duty trucks and associated trailers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 90 pounds
- Must be able to pass to pass Post Offer Physical Assessment.
- Must pass Utility Worker Training course, which takes place for approx. 15 business days, during the first three weeks of employment.
- Ability to work extended hours to include nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A California Driver's License Permit by within 3 months of hire
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire service territory with no guarantees on how long you will be assigned away from your base headquarters.
- 2 years previous experience in construction such as: Underground Utility, Trenching Equipment, Welding, Carpentry, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Farm Ranch Hand and/or Landscaping.
- Previous Military experience.
- Previous Locate and Mark experience at
- Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program is preferred.
- Current or past work experience with and/or Hiring Hall.
- To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Post-Offer Phys Assessment Util Worker
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Pacific Gas And Electric Company on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.