Seafood Clerk Job WinCo Foods Portlandby admin on more than 30 days
WinCo Foods Recruitment 2020Description :
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here’s the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it’s all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Overview: Job Summary Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service by serving customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP (e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the SOP standard for fresh fish display.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing, description, code dating, and COOL information on all required products.
- Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all primary duties have been completed, including covering breaks and lunches in the Deli Department when needed.
- Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety. Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and eye-appeal of the seafood sales and frozen and fresh seafood storage areas, equipment and displays according to company policy and legal regulations.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
- Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
- Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and orders.
- Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
- Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform other department duties as needed or directed.
- Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description when necessary.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and cold storage areas.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
- Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and methods.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
- Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
- Refer to the deli clerk job description for complete list.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to WinCo Foods e-recruitment website with link as follow :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Seafood Clerk Portland August 2020 WinCo Foods above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Portland below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.