Early Head Start Teacher Job JCCEO Birminghamby admin on more than 30 days
JCCEO Job Vacancies 2020Description :
EHS TEACHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: At minimum must possess an accredited High School Diploma/GED along with a current Infant/Toddler or Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or an accredited Degree concentrated specifically in an Early Childhood Education/Child Development field is required. Must be able to provide proof of education (Certification documents, Diploma/Degree, and/or Transcripts identifying curriculum completed).
EXPERIENCE: At least one year or more of experience in an infant/toddler nursery with demonstrated knowledge of early childhood development practices or prior training/experience working with preschool age children and their families.
1. Ability to work (on campus and remotely) cooperatively and collaboratively with other staff, parents, expectant mothers, new parents, and others from a variety of ethnic, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
2. Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment in the performance of assigned duties.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written. Must be able to read and understand instructions.
4. Ability to work with low-income families and children ages birth to 4, including those with disabilities.
5. Knowledge of infant and toddler development, safety issues in infant and toddler care, and methods for communicating effectively with infants and toddlers.
6. Understand concepts of developmentally appropriate practice, School Readiness, and CLASS Domains and Dimensions with ability to plan and implement learning experiences that address social-emotional development, early language and literacy, early math and science, problem solving, and approaches to learning.
7. Ability to maintain compliant Background, Physical, TB, Fingerprinting, Drug/Alcohol screening(s), First Aid/CPR, licensure, certification, and/or continuing education as applicable to position.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Sound physical and mental health. Must be able to relate positively to adults and young children. Must be willing to attend meetings outside of regular working hours when necessary.
EHS TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBLE & ACCOUNTABLE TO: Center Manager / EHS-CCP Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides direct services to infants and toddlers in Early Head Start with a minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) or comparable credential and prior training or coursework in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development. Responsible for creating a developmentally appropriate program environment conducive to the growth and development of children in the classroom. Implements meaningful activities that are age appropriate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties below, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear/listen. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; lift, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for varied periods of time. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ask for help when needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Attendance is an essential function of your day-to-day responsibility and commitment to the program.
1. Maintain thorough familiarity with all EHS program requirements through the Head Start Performance Standards, the current Head Start program review instrument, and with the NAEYC accreditation standards, especially those pertaining to an infant/toddler nursery.
2. Supervise assigned nursery and assure the maintenance of a clean, safe environment.
3. Create and maintain an early childhood environment that stimulates and reinforces appropriate and optimal infant/toddler growth and development.
4. Work with staff members as a team to have a positive impact on child outcomes and establishing a calm and nurturing classroom.
5. Promote positive health and nutrition practices including cleanliness. Maintain equipment, furniture, and materials.
6. Plan, schedule, implement, and document appropriate learning experiences that promote social, cognitive, physical, and emotional development of young children.
7. Establish positive, productive relationships with children and families; encourage parent involvement in the program and support family relationships.
8. Demonstrate competence and assist in utilizing the Teaching Strategies GOLD and the AL Early Learning Guidelines to fidelity, documenting observations while assisting children with support in each CLASS domain and dimension.
9. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and records.
10. Respect and demonstrate an understanding of the culture of the children in the nursery.
11. Document all pertinent information concerning the children and adult participants.
12. Prepare and submit all reports, records, lesson plans, assessments, etc. within the prescribed time frame. Accurately complete and submit all data and reports, as required, to Early Childhood Education Manager and Monitor Coaches/Education Specialists.
13. Submit appropriate in-house referrals and assure all USDA and DHR regulations are followed.
14. Obtain the required Department of Human Services training hours.
15. Schedule at least two home visits per year for each child.
16. Assist with recruitment and registration of families.
17. Participate in staff meetings, in-service training, workshops, and staff development programs to obtain additional job-related skills to improve daily performance.
18. Train assistant teacher in such a manner that he/she may take charge of the classroom in the absence of the teacher.
19. Train and supervise assistant teachers, substitutes, and volunteers.
20. Treat everyone with dignity and respect and consistently model appropriate, professional behavior.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as this job description is in no way intended to include all responsibilities of the position, but rather to provide a general overview of what is expected in this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Practicing Social Distancing and wear appropriate PPE. Creating a virtual environment in near future for training and education.
- Preschool: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infant/Toddler Nursery or Classroom: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Child Development Associate (Required)
- Yes or No. Do you currently hold a degree in an Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Family Consumer Sciences, or related course area OR are you a Student who is actively enrolled in such field(s) of study? If a Student, also indicate your anticipated completion date.
- Multiple locations
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
For further information, please refer official source from JCCEO Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with JCCEO, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.