Detroit Program Officer Job Enterprise Community Partners Incby admin on more than 30 days
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. Recruitment 2020Description :
Location Detroit, MI
Job Summary Enterprise Community Partners (ECP) is a national non-profit organization with offices throughout the United States. ECP believes that opportunity begins when people have a safe, healthy, and affordable place to call home. It grows with access to good schools, jobs, transit, and healthcare. Over the last four years, ECP’s Detroit Market team has been working with local government agencies, affordable housing developers, community development organizations, and other partners to increase access to opportunity through system improvements and transformational changes to policy, programs, and investment strategies. Our major initiatives promote housing stability through the preservation and production of affordable housing and tenant protections, as well as cross-sector approaches to advance economic mobility, health and wellbeing, and sustainability. All our work is guided by Enterprise’s commitment to racial equity and mission of creating and expanding access to opportunity through quality affordable housing in thriving communities.
The Program Officer assists and supports program development/implementation, grants and contracts management and other program initiatives as required for Enterprise’s Detroit Market Office. The position reports to the Detroit Senior Program Director. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, effective team player eager to support the Enterprise team and external partners. This role is dynamic and changing and different responsibilities are emphasized depending on the status of various projects. Team spirit is critical for the success of this position, as this is a small and nimble office. This position provides excellent benefits, flexibility to achieve a healthy work-life balance, and a competitive salary.
Job Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
Grants & Contracts Management
- Work with representatives from Enterprise National teams to administer Section 4 Community Development Capacity Building Grants funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development; includes building expertise in Section 4 compliance and reporting requirements.
- Work with a collaborative of funders including the Kresge Foundation and Ford Foundation to administer and refine the recently launched Community Development Organization (CDO) Fund, which provides operating support to 24 community development organizations across Detroit.
- Provide technical assistance, application support, and ongoing monitoring to 25-30 community development organizations; includes managing quarterly check-ins with both Section 4 and CDO Fund grantees.
- Analyze CDO capacity building needs and design strategy for addressing those needs through local service provider partnerships.
- Adapt grantmaking program requirements and reporting based on new funder engagements and feedback from grantees.
- Manage all new contacts for grantmaking and programmatic partnerships, including conducting timely follow-up and maintaining ongoing relationships.
Program Management & Development
- Design a program to provide technical assistance and operating support to emerging community development organizations.
- Manage programs to support women of color in community development leadership.
- Expand Detroit Office’s participation in Enterprise National’s Faith-Based Development Initiative to support the development of affordable housing on land owned by religious institutions.
- Assist with the development of internal reporting on grants and program outcomes and external applications for programmatic fundraising.
- Work with Enterprise Detroit Staff and Enterprise National Marketing Team to provide regular updates to the Enterprise Detroit webpage, develop program summaries and other informational publications, occasionally collaborate on blog posts and editorial articles highlighting the Detroit Market’s work.
- Prepare (and occasionally deliver) public presentations upon request for conferences, convenings, and community informational sessions.
- Conduct research as necessary.
- Participate regularly in several local coalition meetings that support the office’s programmatic partnerships.
- Seek synergies when possible with other Enterprise programs and initiatives.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Undergraduate degree and at least four (4) years relevant experience preferred; graduate degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of urban planning, community development, and affordable housing in addition to experience with nonprofit program management preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite/Graphic Design desired but not required.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement programs at scale strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and use good judgment in managing conflicting demands and priorities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in writing; excellent writing and editing skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals and reports.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with moderate supervision.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with excellent project management skills.
- Experience working with diverse range of communities and people.
- Lived experience and/or service that informs worldviews and/or perspectives about creating social equity across race, ethnicity, language, social class, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, and other dimensions.
- Candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations.
- Continually improve systems and procedures within own job, office and organization.
- Treat internal and external partners with respect, honesty and professionalism.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.