Electrical Technician Job Hecla Mining Company Alaskaby admin on July 13, 2020
Hecla Mining Company Jobs 2020Description :
Safety, Health & Environmental Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
All Hecla personnel shall strive to achieve best practice in safety and health, and assist in the control of incidents, injuries and loss. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complying with all necessary requirements put in place to prevent incidents, injuries or losses
- Ensuring the safety and health of themselves and others in the workplace by being responsible for their actions and taking due care while performing their work
- Identifying, eliminating, and reporting hazards as soon as practicable
- Reporting incidents and accidents as soon as practicable
- Disclosing all information regarding incidents and cooperating in incident investigations
- Assisting in the resolution of health and safety matters in a positive and timely manner
- Using and maintaining PPE
- Providing suggestions for improving work processes
- Assisting Management by supporting change to achieve desired targets
- Ensuring that plant and equipment operate within their safe working limits
- Ensuring that correct equipment is used for the job
- Participating in risk assessment methodology
- Participating in safety initiatives
- Receiving training and instruction as required
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards
- Assist in the planning & execution of electrical and instrumentation jobs, related to both surface and underground operations.
- Instrumentation setup, calibration and repair, electrical installation and maintenance of all site electrical systems, ranging from PLC’s, low voltage motors and controls, medium voltage power distribution (4160 terminations & switching), diesel power generation controls & operation, State of Alaska Journeyman Certificate preferred
- Redline and update drawings as needed, AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Effectively perform duties using the NEC and MSHA standards
- Effectively evaluate the risks associated with any given task and utilize the safest possible work procedures
- Support maintenance and operational needs
- Perform all job tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to guide and mentor lower technician level employees and set standards demonstrating leadership qualities
- Comply with attendance, safety, environmental and HR policies. Successful candidate must demonstrate the following behavioral skills: productive communication, cooperation, productivity, initiative, creativity, dependability
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and/or Experience
- High school or GED
- Five years of electrical and instrumentation experience, certifiable technical training or combination of training and experience may be substituted.
- Preferred: Related vocational training from an accredited institution.
- Preferred: Journeyman or higher-level certification is preferred
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Pass a position-specific physical demands assessment.
- Must be able to obtain ATF Employee Possessor clearance
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; use hand and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must be able to t
Vision - Constant:
- Able to judge distances and spatial relationships to avoid accidents while driving and walking underground
- Have clarity of vision while operating machinery, reading gauges, and placing tools
- Have clarity of vision for distances while navigating within the mine and access roads efficiently and safely
- Able to adjust varying points of reference while safely navigating the terrain, maintaining awareness of traffic, and operating tools and machinery
- Able to identify vehicles, machinery, and people in peripheral vision
Speaking - Occasional:
- Able to clearly communicate with co-workers and supervisors on the radio and in person
Hearing - Occasional:
- Must wear hearing protection while working in the mine
Work Environment & Job Schedule
Employees may be frequently exposed to underground work environments; outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat, potentially hazardous wildlife; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives and vibration. The noise level in most work environments is usually very loud. This position may require work on nights, weekends and rotating shifts; shift schedules may require residency in on-island camp during work rotations.
The Greens Creek Mine, located on Admiralty Island, 18 miles south of Juneau, is an underground polymetallic mine employing approximately 425 people. The mine is owned and operated by Hecla Mining Company, headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Established in 1891, Hecla has a rich history as a distinguished and respected precious metals producer. Winner of numerous safety and environmental awards, Greens Creek is seeking new team members committed to professional growth and success.
Juneau, Alaska's capital, is the third largest city in the state. Like Alaska, Juneau is full of contrasts, a sophisticated cosmopolitan city in the heart of the Tongass National Forest. Nestled at the base of mountains overlooking the Gastineau Channel, Juneau is surrounded by intercoastal waterways, lush rain forests, rugged mountainsides, and awe-inspiring glaciers. This small city has it all, the adventure of the "last frontier" as well as a good education system, year-round cultural and sports activities, a wide variety of entertainment, world class fishing and wildlife viewing, temperate weather, and a strong sense of community. Juneau is rich in mining history and Greens Creek is proud to contribute to that heritage by operating in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Compensation & Benefits
Hecla Greens Creek offers competitive pay based on experience and an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance as well as other coverages such as disability coverage and life insurance. Retirement benefits include a pension plan and 401(k) with company match.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Hecla Mining Company website with link as follow :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Electrical Technician Alaska August 2020 Hecla Mining Company above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Alaska below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.