Center Manager Early Head Start Job Douglass Community Services Inc Hannibalby admin on more than 30 days
Douglass Community Services, Inc Recruitment 2020Description :
Head Start / Early Head Start Careers / Childcare Partnerships
Community Service Agency – Serving 8 Counties in 15 Locations
Douglass Community Services, Inc. is currently hiring for a variety of positions to work in a rewarding Early Childhood Classroom Environment. We are looking to grow our programs with enthusiastic people who are passionate about using innovative approaches to empower others for lifelong success.
Center Manager – Hannibal, MO
40 hours/52weeks annually
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Responsible for the successful delivery of program services that empowers families to increase self-reliance and children’s ongoing progress. Responsible for ongoing reflective supervision of staff that promotes their professional growth and development. Provides leadership and oversight/supervision of the day-to-day operations of the center. Will represent the program or the center in the local community and establish good public relations with families and members of the community.
· Ensures a safe and healthy learning environment children, families, and staff which provides opportunities for effective supervised exploration that supports children and families’ growth and learning.
· Provides direct supervision, including performance planning and review, to all center staff. Supervision involves acting as a resource for questions/concerns, addressing performance issues, and overseeing on a day-to-day basis.
· Responsible for required documentation, program planning, monitoring and evaluation to track program progress and meet established outcome measurements.
· Maintains full enrollment by coordinating ongoing recruitment, ensuring accurate eligibility, timely selection, acceptance & enrollment, and maintaining average daily attendance.
· Ensures relationship based consultation and collaboration with families and local agencies. Facilitates agency and center related advocacy related to community issues affecting the well-being of families.
· Manages center staff to ensure appropriate child/staff ratio and equal distributions of caseloads. Recruits and coordinates volunteers.
· Ensures parents are offered full participation in the Head Start experience, opportunities are continually available and participation is encouraged by all staff.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
An Associates Degree is required, with a major in Social Services, Education or a related field is preferred. Daycare licensing requires the Center Manager to present documentation of education and/or certification in early childhood, based upon the number of children served in the center. Three years of experience in the early childhood field; plus previous supervisory experience is highly preferred. Must obtain FDC credentialing during the first cohort offered following hire date. The ability to communicate effectively in both a written and verbal format is crucial. Must be willing to obtain a Class E Chauffeur’s License upon hire.
Starting Salary: $15.87 - $16.15 per hour
Join Our Team
What we offer: Comprehensive benefit plans including health, dental, vision, a flexible spending account; plus, free life insurance; 401k retirement plan with annual employer contribution; a work/life balance that includes generous amounts of paid sick time, 13 paid holidays, vacation accrual, & a long paid winter/holiday break; tuition assistance and professional development with lots of opportunities for advancement; a health & wellness culture; business casual work environment and much more!!
Search openings and apply online at douglassonline.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.87 - $16.15 per hour
- Monday to Friday
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Douglass Community Services, Inc on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.