Office Specialist Job Department of Human Services Portlandby admin on more than 30 days
Department of Human Services Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Initial Posting Date:06/10/2020
Agency:Department of Human Services
Salary Range:$2,561 - $3,569
Position Title:Office Specialist 2-Case management Coordinator/Receptionist
Job Description:We want you to join our team!
Do you want the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children in need of support? Do you want to be part of a diverse workforce that collaborates and learns from each other to improve services that support children, families and communities? Then, we want to hear from you!
The Office of Child Welfare, part of the Oregon Department of Human Services, is looking for 1 (one) dedicated and caring individual to join our team.
OUR AGENCY MISSION
"To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve well-being and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity."
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For more information on Child Welfare programs please
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Support Staff in Child Welfare ensure the smooth flow of necessary documents to support caseworkers in completing their assignments. Serves as receptionist, answering phones and directing calls and process outgoing and incoming mail. Workers prepare and process medical requests and payment forms; review medical account transactions to determine action; and maintain and organize filing systems for resolved and pending medical transactions.
Dealing with angry, hostile, distraught clients on the phone or face to face. Working with multiple forms and computer screens due to wide range of duties. Occasional overnight travel and sometimes traveling in adverse weather.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
When you join the Department of Human Services, you join a community of nearly 10,000 employees dedicated to Oregon’s most vulnerable population. Career growth and development is encouraged through ample training and committee participation opportunities. The State of Oregon offers excellent benefits, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance , generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan .
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
To be considered for an interview, you must submit all required documents( **Resume is required) and your application material must reflect that you meet the requirements.
- Two (2) years clerical experience of which one (1) year or more included typing/keyboarding, word processing or other experience generating documents; OR
- Associate or higher-level degree ; OR
- Graduated from a private school of business with a certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and have one (1) year or more of general clerical experience
Required knowledge and skills
- Skill in performing a variety of clerical functions.
- Skill in communicating orally and in writing with a variety of people, answering questions and gathering and exchanging information.
- Skill in organizing work efficiently and exercising independent judgment in making appropriate decisions concerning work methods.
- Skill in applying specific, well defined rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to work performed.
Requested Skills/Desired Attributes
The most qualified candidates will possess the following attributes, skills, and areas of experience as they relate to the position:
- Experience in a specialized social program such as family services, children services, senior services, mental or developmental disability services, substance abuse programs, juvenile corrections programs or occupational skills programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel or other database software programs.
- Ability to input and retrieve data efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, service providers, and clients in person, over the telephone and in writing respecting cultural and ethnic differences.
- Ability to gather documents from multiple sources and to organize such documents and notes into a casefile.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized with fast-paced work.
Successful candidates for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following convictions are likely to result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Computer theft, identify theft and fraud. CJIS Clearance is done at the conditional job offer.
- External Applicants: Click on the “Apply” button and submit your application. Resume is required. View this video for help.
- Internal Applicants (this includes Current State of Oregon employees): Apply via your employee Workday account. Resume is required . View this job aid for help.
- Veterans: If you are claiming Veterans Preference points, please ensure to complete the tasks in Workday during the application process and upload your documents (DD214 / Disability) if wanting to receive Veterans preference. Failure to submit documents will result in no points being awarded.
Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase the amazing skills and experience, making you the best candidate for the position. The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all the minimum and special qualifications listed above. We do not accept a resume in place of the completed application. For additional tips, please visit the Oregon Job Opportunities page, Resources for Job Seekers .
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must complete the required Task that will be sent to you through Workday and will be located under your account profile. This Task will prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation for your Veterans’ Preference point selection. For questions about documentation, please visit: Veterans Resources or call the Oregon department of Veterans’ Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Note: this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
For questions about the job duties or application process, please contact [email protected] . Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to participate in the application or selection process, please contact our office at [email protected]
Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out this link: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/support.aspx
DHS commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Department of Human Services website with link as follow :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Office Specialist Portland July 2020 Department of Human Services above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Portland below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.